Today, more than ever, homeowners are aware of useable living space and getting the most out of their square footage. What’s the point of building a great workspace or garage if you can’t use it during the winter months? By adding a vent free wall heater to your space you will be all the more motivated to change the oil on your hot rod or finally finish those custom cabinets.
A properly heated shop or garage can not only provide more comfort, but safety as well. If you’re not concentrating on your work because you’re cold, or your hands won’t work properly, it can create a dangerous situation. A vent free wall heater is the ideal fix for this problem allowing you to work safely year round.
Below are some tips when operating a vent free wall heater in your garage.
1. Your heater must be located in a reasonably protected area, so as not to subject it to damage by a moving vehicle.
2. Due to high temperatures, place the heater out of high traffic areas and keep it away from coat racks, furniture, and boxes. A minimum clearance 36 inches above the heater is suggested, while 6 inches on either side is a safe clearance.
3. The heater can be mounted to the wall to avoid people or equipment knocking it over. A minimum clearance of 3 inches from the floor is recommended to avoid any possible water damage from cleaning or flooding.
4. Flammable items such as paint thinner, paint cans, wood stains, lacquers or varnishes need to be properly stored as far away from an open flame as possible.
5. When using flammable products such as the above mentioned it is a good idea to open the garage door to circulate air. We suggest turning off your heater if you are using large amounts of flammables.
6. Avoid leaving your heater running unattended for any long period of time.
As with any gas product we recommend installation be done by a qualified professional. Take the time to read the owner’s manual and check local codes and ordinances for permitted use.
We hope this gives you a few ideas on how you can improve your workspace this Winter. If there is anything else we can help you with please contact us.